Pages

June 28, 2009

Blame the Funster!

She is the one that “goaded” me into this and some of you my dear internets know that sometimes it takes very little. For instance a word or two that may indicate I could not would write poem. Dare I. Well I did. Maybe this will make up a bit to my dear internets that didn’t care much for the way my last post ended. Hey you have to forgive me cause it’s me the Queen of Paradise Valley and you so know you love me!

Here is the photo (not a great one) to get ya started…


And now the poem, that will make you laugh and say things like I can’t believe no one has written this before; how clever; OMG what an idiot; or…if only Hellen Reddy was reading this. Yeah things like that.


Hear ye, hear ye
(Brassiere ye)

Hooks and frilly lace binding
Feminine freedoms
Like flags of yester years, burned
Smoke rose as pointed funnels into history

Medium to small and custom enlargements
Advertized as secrets, bared

Pink, blue, white or zebra stripe
So gently put into training

Making fashion statements
Sporting support has shaken
Bubbling out and over
Cleavage of strapless propriety

Bras flung with wild abandon
Anticipation haltered

From Jannie’s loss
To a beggar’s found
At ye ol’ Texas Renaissance Festival

9 comments:

J. M. Strother said...

RenFest, eh? Knew it was something like that soon as I saw the picture. I used to be in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) though I never had a costume like that. So were you a visitor or a participant? Me, I used to do the dance troupe thing at the Old English Fair. Guys in skirts - you gotta love it. Thanks for bringing back the memories. :)

Nice poem.
~jon

sheila said...

;O)

Greta Igl said...

Oh, that photo!!! Never imagined in a million years my eyes would rest on something like that. Love the poem.

Greta

Tammy said...

Despite the fact that I am here saying, "what in the @#%$# is that photo?" I am cracking up at your "ode to Jannie" or "ode to playtex"........

Watch out you may start an "ode to the bra" fad.....

... Paige said...

Y’all, I was surprised to see a bra beggar at the ren fest a couple of years ago.
I said I had to get a picture cause no one will believe me about this guy. He did not get anything from me except notoriety behind his back.

Of course I thought this photo when dared to write a bra poem.

Looked like he had a good day!

Jannie Funster said...

Whadddy mean, that's not a graet picture? I LOVE IT!!!! What the hell is that guy doing with those bras at the Rrenaissance Festival!!?? Geez, how can I be right here in Texas and have missed something like that???

And this... Bras flung with wild abandon.. my favorite line!!

Ahh, how did I live without your blog before I found it??

Jannie Funster said...

I sing and fling
I sung and flung
I laffed so much
I coffed up a lung.

?

... Paige said...

Jannie you are gonna have a hard time singin without a lung...crazy a$$

Dapoppins said...

This is so my favorite kind of poem!!!