Pages

July 4, 2010

Color me Excited

I want to show y’all this nifty new kaleidoscope I just got in the mail.


Pretty neato, huh? I ordered it from a fella, Mike Speed, when we were in Kerrville. He had a booth set up at the courthouse square and only had a sample left. Figures so I ordered on and it came, although this is not just like the sample…I like mine better. Well it was custom made for moi after all. I told Mike that I would like a “wand”, that’s the clear part with the colored sand & stars in it, with mostly purples and likewise the stained glass part to be in the purple family. No, I’m not quite a purple freak, everything is not that color in my house or my closet, but it IS my favorite color. Well I suppose my studio door and the French doors into the back of the house are purple…and I’m thinking about painting the shutters and front door purple too. Hey I’m a unique kinda person and that makes me special. Besides purple is a fueng shui color for fame so maybe it’ll give my blog a boost or my writing or one of my many other talents. Do to, special is so a Talent! And yellow is for health and that’s the other color I’m thinking about using. The front door is currently red and someone else on our street went and painted theirs red and that made me want to repaint the front door and the shutters to match it.

So there-humph.

Speaking of color the one that I dislike most is taupe, it is like this whole non color as far as I’m concerned that and the DMV loves it. Beige / khaki is okay just not taupe.

And now for a totally different turn of events

How’s about a poem? You WOULD like that, wouldn’t you my dear internets…sure you would. Okay you talked me into it.

Echoes of Glory

And clouds appeared as in a surreal painting
Dark purple-black, edged in golden orange
Shimmering reflections of a Texas sun
Smiling upon the red, white and blue
Proudly waving in a night’s falling
Light and the moon and stars rose
Ever so gently in translucent echoes of glory

Happy Fourth of July to all my dear internets. May Old Glory fly forever free!

13 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

that's a nifty kaliedescope. Happy 4th!

ER said...

I don't think I've ever seen a non-tublar kaleidoscope!
How do you use this one?

Loved the poem Paige. Hope you all had a happy 4th.
Elizabeth

Deanna Schrayer said...

Lovely poem as usual Paige. I just love your poetry.
What a neato kaleidoscope! I'd love to have one. Does Mike have a website you can post the address of?
I've heard only crazy people like purple. Explains a lot. ;) I love purple too.

Jannie Funster said...

That is GORGEOUS.

And the kaleidscope ain't bad either.

happy 5th.

xoxo

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Paige .. I've always loved kaleidoscopes .. so a wand one sounds really cool .. especially if it's pretty multi-coloured like yours seem to be ..

Seems fun .. and the poem to go with it .. enjoy the rest of the week .. even though it's now the 6th .. seeing as Jannie .. said 5th! Hilary

sheila said...

I must say I've never seen one like this ! VERY cool! now I WANT one! lol

desk49 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
desk49 said...

It is not nice to post a reply I did on another blog.

So thanks for dropping by
I see you don't
reply on your replies
So a belated Happy 4th of July

... Paige said...

Desk49, I do sometimes reply to replies :-) in fact I'm here to do that right now...

the scope is viewed from the end, it has a key hole slot. Do not point it towards the sun or bright light. the glitter and stuff in the clear tube tumble down and then you turn it over and they tumble the other direction

For those of y'all interested I have emailed Mike and will let y'all know what I find out

:-)

Unknown said...

Wowza!!! That is so neato!!! thanks for sharing the awesomeness!

desk49 said...

A slap on my hand
how bad of me
yes this reply
I do now see

Now I bow at the waist
out backwards I walk
If nice I can't be
I should not talk

Sorry

Dorraine said...

There was sizzle and pop to that poem. Loved it. Hope your 4th was full of food, family and fireworks.

Purple is my favorite color also. I've never seen a front door painted that color. Go for it!

Snaggle Tooth said...

I could swear @%^(@^$P@ I left a verclemptitude comment hereawhile back...

Nice poem-
Is that a paperweight?