Pages

October 22, 2009

Stuff and About the weekend

Those of you that pop in at my photo blog, 365 views by me, know how disappointed I was when I went to see the hand dude and he did not remove the stitches of which I have eleven. The bruising on my wrist is fading very slowly as is the one on my palm, they don't show up in the photographs very well but those blue stitches sure look weird huh?. This post as well as well as the last several ones have been written with the software Dragon naturally speaking and if I have not said so in the past I like it. This is not a compensated advertisement, merely my personal opinion, thank you very much FTC.


While I was out on vacation/recuperation we had an oncologist visit, my Beloved is doing well and we don't have to go back for three more months. His liver enzymes improved due to a medication he has been on called Actos. The side effects he has from it are sore throat and bloating, both of which he dislikes, but if they keep him from having liver problems he is good with it.

I am back at work and things are still slow which is very good for me and my cut up hand. Speaking of my cut you can find pictures at 365 views by me. Hey there is nothing wrong with a little self promotion especially among my dear internets. And speaking of my dear internets we are off this weekend to the Enchanted Rock which is located in the hill country of Texas, where if all goes well I will hook up with (is that an okay phrase to use?) with a fun surprise. I hope we will get to experience what the rock is known for...

It sparks and it hums, the native Indians considered it as sacred. Oh the rock, it is one of the largest pink granite boulders in the United States. I know you are not surprised as everything is bigger in Texas. Anywho I'm looking forward to the trip and the weather is supposed to be autumn beautiful. But don't be jealous my dear internets I shall carry you with me in my heart.

In the meantime before we go I want to leave you with this quote by the poet Todd Boss "Our stories are the pier from which we think we've seen the ocean." And speaking of Todd I want y'all to go read his poem, it is followed by an interview, which you may read while there if you choose.

Safe and happy weekend to you my dear internets, what are your plans?


11 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Well, if I'm first commenter on this, it will be very fitting, Enchanted Rock lady.

425 feet above ground, 1825 feet above sea level, and covers 640 acres... who-hoo... And good weather expected.

Yahoo Maps says it's about 1.27 hours from our house.

Will e-mail you with what time we could meet.

OMG -- meeting my first blogging bud. WHAT WILL I WEAR??? My blue chiffon gown, or my "butter" yellow one??

Hmmn....

:)

Blue Bunny said...

i looks forwerd to meating you and beluvved too on dat big big Texis rocke.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Glad for the good news.

Oh that pink Enchanted Rock must be so beautiful. And *crap on* the geologists who say the creaking/groaning is just expansion and contraction. Phooie! I like the Indians ideas better.

And your long comment on my Piggie Flu Shot entry... I was kind of confused by your claims. I really don't know what you are basing your claims on and so... have not yet Published it. Hope that's OK.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Try NOT to clash with the Rock, Jannie! Now I'm jealous cause BB gets to go too...

Good luck with the Dragon, the rock, n the stitches!

Rocks have Spirits too, just like the other elements...

deleted said...

A piece of advice- rub vitamin e oil into your scar so that it doesn't last on the skin! And as always, beautiful images, thank you for sharing.

Deanna Schrayer said...

Oh I'm jealous Paige. I've only been to TX once, and that was Dallas/Ft Worth, so have yet to see the beauty of true nature of TX. I so want to go.
We are supposed to attend my neice's bd dinner today, but youngest is sick, so I may just write. Well darn, I hate that. :)
Have fun!

Jeni said...

Glad to hear you are healing -quite nicely actually -and also, that things are better for your DH too! Now go, enjoy and return, refreshed, safe and sound too! Okay!???

Jannie Funster said...

Hey, is that a new poetry badge I see up there on your blog?? nice!

April daily poems ROCKED!!

:)

xo

Blue Bunny said...

i stil kant beleeve i akshully meated you, Paige! i wil nevver wash my hande agin frum wher you shaked it.

Love, blue bunny

i go drinks a beere now.

sheila said...

I wish I could see the big pink rock. *sigh*. The closest I came I bet was when we went to Sedona a couple yrs ago. That place will forever hold my heart.

Dorraine said...

Glad to hear you are healing. Enchanted Rock is a beautiful place. You are going to have so much fun! Enjoy your time in the hill country.