Pages

September 28, 2007

Would you Believe...

Y’all know it’s not really my style to complain, but for your reading pleasure today, I will.
.
Our anniversary is coming up and I had a surprise all planned out; as a matter of fact I’ve had the reservations for many months, yes many months--7 months folks, and yes they have had my deposit money the whole time. I was about to re-confirm the reservation when my phone rang it was the Messenger of the B & B I had picked from many, for our special occasion. She was sorry but they (owners) have decided to be closed that weekend, they (owners) have known since spring.
.
I didn’t yell, cry or any of that typical stuff others may have done. What good would it do, if they (owners) wanted to be closed they would be. Instead I have elected to tell you my friends of my grievance, what better way then on the World Wide Web. So to get on with it, here is my thang-
.
If it has been known since spring, (owners) why did you wait 2 weeks before my reservation to cancel … Is it because now the standard practice of B & Bs in your area is a minimum 2 night stay on weekends, as opposed to the practice when I made my reservations 7 months ago… Or is it you have increased your costs and no longer want to be “locked in” to an old lower rate (although not cheap by any means)… Perhaps you overbooked and chose to dump the oldest reservation (mine of 7 months)… Could it have been an emergency-2 weeks in advance…Maybe it was because back in the spring you planed something of your own. Don’t misunderstand me it is your right, but you should have used better business skills and canceled me then-DUH! And if that was the case, I suppose you didn’t call me lest you change your minds, or have gotten a big booking of some sort, after all what does my few hundred dollars mean to you. And what did my plans have to do with you. I mean it’s not like I didn’t tell you in my e-mails and phone calls (7 months ago) what I had planed and the reasons I had it planned. (not that I want anyone to feel sorry for me/us) I even gave you a new selling point by using my plans as a new offer for a romantic get away.
.
Oh they (messenger) offered another weekend of course the first weekend in October (we already have plans) or the last weekend- 2 ½ weeks after our anniversary. Nope, no discount was offered for my inconvenience, no cancellation fee (although they would have charged me one), no alternative for another B & B nor any recommendations or suggestion for any other place for the same day nothing except “sorry.”
.
I don’t wish you anything bad, but let me say I hope you don’t get sick and want to make every day as good as possible and every special occasion as special and memorable as humanly possible; No this I hope will not happen to you or your family.
.
For those of you who don’t want to end up in this situation; beware of reservations made with the Castle Avalon in New Braunfels Texas. If for no other reason boycott them on our behalf and by all means fell free to let them know how displeased you are of their treatment of a 7 month reservation with no other excuse then “not going be open.”
.
Bad word of mouth sucks-doesn’t it!
.
Thanks and have a nice day y’all.

No comments: